Subtitle

Living in an RV not for Fun and Recreation

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Welcome!

In the olden days they used to say "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"  In the twenty-first century of social media however, if life gives you lemons, you Facebook status it, Tweet it, put it on You Tube, or blog about it.  My life as of late, has been so inundated with little yellow citrus fruits, that here I am at age 37, living in a motor home, with my mother, and her cats. 

How did I get myself in this predicament, one might ask?  The simple answer is that my job was eliminated, unemployment ran out, I lost my apartment, and this is what was left.  I could choose to be depressed about my situation, but being the eternal optimist that I am, I've decided to put on my best Pollyanna face and make the best damn virtual lemonade the internet has ever seen.  Most of the time. Well, sometimes at least. 

I'm not making sunshine, lollipops and rainbow promises that I will never make a disparaging remark about trailer court living, cramped spaces, or annoying felines.  Mostly I try to take the ups and downs with a grain of salt, and look for humor in the situation.  These are the moments I'd like to share, be they funny anecdotes, helpful storage solutions, police reports, or simply the importance of wearing layers. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog; I'm excited to start sharing my unorthodox living situation, and look forward to all of your comments!

2 comments:

  1. great attitude dee! if all else fails, blog it. who knows, maybe I should start up my own political/economic rant blog....

    anyway, call or fb me tomorrow - are we on for this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love this. Great attitude, too! Hey, were you able to send Costco your resume? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete