Subtitle

Living in an RV not for Fun and Recreation

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Congratulations, You've Won a Brand New Headcold"

I don't know what it is about the last couple of years, but can't seem to stop getting sick or injured.  It's like I won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes of crappy life circumstances.  "Winner will receive loss of employment, breakdown of vehicle, miserable living accommodations, a minimum of three visits to the ER per year,  and a rapid succession of colds and flues." Woo-hoo! I'm a winner!  Waaaaaaait a minute...

Since I've been living in the motor home, I've been to the hospital twice.  Once was for an actual emergency which included a CT scan, and the second time was because the urgent care clinic in town didn't know how to accept my insurance card and told me to go to the Emergency Room.  I've had bumps, bruises, sprains, strains, a seizure, strange episodes of all over malaise, and more than my share of the usual winter offerings.

Until yesterday, I had been recovered from a lengthy head cold for approximately one week.  I kid you not.  Now I am stuffed up with a drippy nose, sore throat, and the all-over-oogies. To make myself feel better, I made a favorite dessert from France called "Pots de Creme." So delicious, until my gall bladder started doing back-flips.  I just can't win!

1 comment:

  1. when it rains it pours y'know? and that evil cold from hell? yep, that one sucks, it hangs on. I'm still trying to shake it.

    try to get better soon hon. ;p

    ReplyDelete